Your Employment Search (YES)
Transforms Job-Search Effectiveness of New Job Hunters to Long-Term Unemployed
Guides Staff and Job Seekers in Creating Individual Employment Plans Under WIOA
Transform the job-search readiness and effectiveness of anyone searching for work, from new job seekers to long-term unemployed, with Your Employment Search (YES).
YES is also an ideal tool for guiding staff and participants in creating Individual Employment Plans (IEPs) under WIOA.
YES measures and teaches productive job-seeking skills in 5 key areas to immediately boost the job search. This makes YES an ideal tool for your customer-focused and individualized career services, where effectiveness and results are paramount.
No matter where your job hunters are in their work search, YES assesses their job-search strengths, needs, and barriers; opens their eyes to the best methods for getting hired; and leads to a personal employment search strategy tailored to their individual situation and goals.
See this blog post about the key cause of job search failure and how YES can help solve it.
- Combines self-assessment with today’s most productive job-hunt guidance
- Saves time by providing job-search help, planning, and encouragement in one tool
- Helps job hunters manage their attitude and keep going despite rejection
- Explains proactive job-search methods for standing out
- Covers online applications, resume keywords, social media
- Helps determine why job seekers may not be getting interviews and getting hired
- Results in a personal employment search strategy based on an individual's goals and needs
- Is completely self-guiding for job seekers, making YES very helpful in agencies and centers limited on time, budget, and staff
- Helps the long-term unemployed and people reentering the workforce get on track in the job search
SCALES / TOPICS COVERED
- Focuses on 5 key areas critical for job-search success today: career direction, attitude, active job search, job-search tools, employer communications
- Helps job hunters understand where they need the most guidance and why they may not be getting interviews and offers
- Concise 6-panel foldout design with 3 clear steps; a perforated, detachable panel lets job hunters summarize their unique employment search strategy and goals for quick reference and follow up
- Completely self-guiding for job seekers and the unemployed
- Color-coded for easy use and self-scoring
- Comes shrink-wrapped flat in convenient packs of 50
- Ideal for all workers at all levels
- Written at an 8th-grade reading level
HOW YES WORKS
- Takes about half-hour to complete
- Step 1—Assess: Individuals read each statement about their job search and circle the response that best matches how true the statement is for them. YES has 40 brief statements requiring a response.
- Step 2—Evaluate: Individuals quickly and easily tally their totals and learn in which areas they need the most help and guidance.
- Step 3—Improve: Individuals review active job-search techniques and skills and checkmark those they will use in their employment search.
- Summarize and Create: On a perforated panel, individuals create their employment search strategy/Individual Employment Plan (IEP) using insights and information gained from YES. Job hunters can detach the panel if desired and keep it handy for easy reference throughout their job search.
- Easy to administer—just provide pens or pencils
- Use in group settings, use one-on-one, or distribute for self-completion
- Ideal for employment services, career services, Individual Employment Plans (IEPs), American Job Center/Career One-Stop orientation meetings, Reemployment Services and Eligibility Assessments (RESEAs), job clubs, job search workshops, alumni career services, people returning to work, long-term unemployed, adult education programs, veterans programs, jail/correctional facility programs, youth programs, SNAP employment and training programs, welfare programs, job counseling and coaching, transition support programs, library workshops for unemployed patrons, GED programs, and as take-home handouts
- Free YES Administrator’s Guide available in PDF upon YES purchase; helps administrators get the most out of using YES with job seekers
- Created with input from workforce development/career professionals and job seekers
- Research based
- Created and printed in the USA by Career Action Resources