New! LEAP Reemployment Tool Published in Second Edition
As you know, helping laid-off individuals is a challenge. Each laid-off worker has different worries. Many find it difficult to create an action plan for reemployment.
Across the nation, American Job Centers, reemployment programs, and career services have turned to a concise tool, Layoff-to-Employment Action Planner (LEAP), to help dislocated workers organize and move forward on their key concerns. LEAP combines self-assessment, guidance, and planning into a 6-panel format. LEAP answers the key question of “What do I do now?” by helping laid-off workers gain clarity on their top issues and develop personalized action steps.
New Second Edition Recently Published
LEAP has just been released in a completely updated new Second Edition, announced its publisher, Career Action Resources, LLC. The Second Edition reflects input from customers, an increased focus on social media and technology in the job hunt, implementation of the Health Insurance Marketplace, and much more. LEAP Administrator’s Guide has been completely revised for the Second Edition.
Second Edition Changes and Highlights
Highlights of LEAP, Second Edition, improvements and changes include the following:
- Gives information on the Health Insurance Marketplace for people who have lost their employer health coverage
- Makes additional references to skills, especially transferable skills
- Includes a reminder to UI claimants to report a return to work, which is required by law so unemployment benefits can cease
- Provides references to social media for job hunting
- Lists 2-1-1 and free online career tools from the U.S. Department of Labor as additional resources
- Streamlines content and includes other changes to make LEAP easier and faster to complete
LEAP is used in the nation’s most-effective reemployment program, according to a study for the U.S. Department of Labor. It is considered an “innovative” best practice for reemployment programs, states the same study.
Help your dislocated workers take a LEAP to reemployment. Learn more about LEAP.
Workforce Development &
Career Services Professionals:
Conducting in-person RESEAs under WIOA? Address UI claimants' specific needs with LEAP.